Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hey, are you that guy on the bike?

Today I had to make a run to the grocery store.  Well, truth be told, I begged my wife to let me go.  It was a beautiful day and I would have killed to be on the bike--even if it was only a two mile round trip.


I hooked the trailer to the bike and the girls hopped in.  We rode up to the store singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."  In the store, I grabbed baby formula and headed over to the beer cooler.  While I was trying to decide, A man came up to me and said, "Hey, are you that guy on the bike?"

He has seen me around the neighborhood, so he had plenty of questions.  He asked about the Xtracycle.  (Everyone does.)  He saw me the day I carried six bags of mulch on it.  I got to brag about that thing and everything it can do.

He asked about the trailer.  I deferred those questions to the four-year-old.  She answered them much better than me.  After she talked about how much she loved it, I think Burley owes me a few bucks.  

He followed me out and checked out the rig.  Then, the real question.  "Is it safe?"  I gave him my standard answer.  People in cars will not run you down because they do not want to dent their car.

I had to leave, but I gave him my name and number.  I hope he calls.  Heck, we even picked out the same beer. Anyone who drinks an IPA can be my friend.  

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Neighbors, everybody needs good neighbors....
(to the tune of the lame aussie soap)