Friday, March 14, 2008

Today's commute

Today I did the 15 mile trip home in about an hour and fifteen minutes.  You would think that is a good thing, but it wasn't.  Today I did the trip in my car.


For the next month, I will be driving to school every day.  (Stay tuned next week to find out why!)  Today's trip reminded my why I just do not like to drive.  It's too frustrating and people are just plain rude.  What does it hurt if you let someone merge?  Why squeeze your giant car in a small space, then hit the brakes?  Why make several unsafe lane changes only to end up three car lengths ahead of where you started?  

I felt like Homer Simpson at times.  "Gas, brake, honk.  Gas, brake, honk.  Honk, honk, punch.  Gas, gas, gas."

Then, as my car crawled under the Wilson Road bridge, I looked up.  There was a cyclist.  She was smiling like I smile when I look at stopped traffic on the highway.  I was jealous.

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

gabby1 said...

Happened across your blog by accident but reading this post made me smile. I too hate to drive, even if I do live in a small town...the bike gives a freedom you just don't get in the car! Hope you aren't having to drive to work for much longer!

Unknown said...

Coming across your blog really excites me about my upcoming change from a daily car commuter to a bike/bus commuter. I can't wait!