Thursday, March 13, 2008

A broken computer

I broke my bike computer last fall.  Really, it was just a wire that snapped.  It could have been a pretty simple fix.  I just never got around to doing it.  


Actually it ended up being a good thing.  I quit using a computer.  I quit caring about every hundredth of a mile.  I quit caring about speed.  The stat I used to love - average speed - has not been touched.

Riding is fun.  I am not worried that I am dropping below a respectable speed.  I take the long way because I want to be on my bike, not because I need another half mile to make it an even ten.

I like to keep track of the total miles, but it is different.  Now, I ride about five miles instead of 5.14 miles.  It's just an informal thing so I have an idea of what I have done.  

Money no spent on gas: $36.23
CO2 not released into the atmosphere: 227.7 pounds


Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Smudgemo said...

I've been doing my regular commute for nearly a year and a half, and I still don't really know how far it is or how long it takes.

Rick Logue said...

I have started to know the time by the school bus. If I am passed by the school bus, I will be late. If I stop at the stop light with the bus, I'll show up right on time. If I do not see the bus at all, I have time to stop for a bagel.