Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Update - 300 miles in 30 days

Early last month, I wrote about the 300 miles in 30 days challenge. I planned on riding 300 miles during the month of September. Then, I thought about it. My commute to school is about 25 miles each day. If I commute four days a week, I have 100 miles under my belt. Three-hundred miles would be a piece of cake.

Not so fast...

The first two weeks started of just fine. In fact, by the end of the second week, I had about 185 miles under my belt. Then, Columbus got hit by a hurricane. I was off from school for three days. I did a little bit of riding around, but nothing near the ten miles a day required to hit 300 miles. I rode to school one day that week.

By the end of the third week, I had about 225 miles. Still, I wasn't worried. I had more than a week of riding to get to the magic 300 number. Then, I put a nasty gash in my foot while playing around in my garden. I rode one day that week. End of week three... 250 miles.

I rode to school the last two days of September and edged myself over the 300 mile mark. I think I ended up with 307 miles for the month.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Random Thoughts said...

Congrats. I also set a goal for myself that I am finding difficult to reach. I have faced weather (too much rain & wind) challenges as well as daylight challenges, my bike is not safe for dusk/dark riding. I have enjoyed your posts and advice on lights and other safety equipment, they will be on my Christmas list.