Tuesday, June 10, 2008

World Record Bike Parade Attempt

A Father's Day trip back to Lorain County is the perfect front to participate in the World Record Bike Parade attempt in Wellington.

From the kind people at the Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure:

Join the Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure (GOBA), a world-class bicycle tour, in celebrating its 20th annual event by attempting to break the Guinness World Record TM for the Largest Parade of Bicycles. On Saturday evening, June 14, 2008, the inaugural event of this year's week-long tour will be the GOBA traditional bicycle parade, held in Wellington, Ohio, in Lorain County. The current world record stands at 1,901 bicycles and was set by Volvic in Taiwan, July 21, 2007.

More information here.
I have been on several GOBAs and have found them to be a wonderful trips. (Well, except for the thunderstorm that blew rain up and under my rain fly. ) I have met the people that put these together and they are incredibly dedicated people. If you are looking for a fun trip in June, this is it.

If you are in the area, look for me. I'll be on the Trek with two kids in the trailer.

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

SiouxGeonz said...

So I suppose there's a speed limit that makes it a "parade?" (Otherwise I figure there are myriad mass start events that would qualify.)

Rick Logue said...

I have no idea. GOBA generally has about 3000 riders. Each year there is a parade. I am awful at guessing the size of a crowd, but I would guess they have come close to the record in the past.

A quick internet search is no help either.