Friday, December 28, 2007

A trip to Home Depot

The trip to the Home Depot is always an interesting one.  I have to get what I need, but it has to fit in the panniers.  Sometimes, I will plan ahead accordingly and take the trailer, but usually I don't.  Today I had to pick up a filter for the whole house humidifier.  The bike is good for one thing.  I do not buy a lot of extra things I do not need.  


The trip is a round-about one.  Using this route, it is 3.8 miles each way.  Usually, I simply head down Route 40.  That was, it is about 2.5 miles one way.  Although it is a state route, it really really is not that bad. It has decent shoulders and the stop lights keep the speeds down.  I just did not feel like dealing with the traffic today.  It was about 40 degrees and raining.  It is easier to ride on the less used side streets rather than fight my way through less than optimal conditions.  




CO2 saved today: 4.9 pounds
CO2 saved to date: 11.7 pounds (includes two un-blogged trips to Kroger)




Sphere: Related Content

No comments: